Library Resources for Graduate and Medical Students
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Assistance retrieving information from electronic and print resources.
- One-on-one training available for database searching and other literature retrieval methods.
- Software support for word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, bibliographic management and literature searching.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; other times by prior arrangement.
Poster printing services are for academic and clinical purposes only. Medical Library staff will not design posters or make changes to design elements beyond spelling or grammatical errors, if noticed. It is the poster submitter’s responsibility to review their poster for content errors, ensure it is formatted correctly, and verify all content is copyright compliant, before it is printed. We reserve the right to deny poster reprints beyond 3.
- The Medical Library provides poster printing services to SIU patrons affiliated with departments that have paid the annual subscription fee ($175/year).
- Poster Printing Services are offered Monday-Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM. Posters submitted after 4:30PM will be printed on the next business day.
- Posters can be printed in various sizes, but our paper rolls are 36 inches wide, so one side cannot be longer than 36 inches. (For example, a poster could be 36x48 but cannot be 48x48 because one side must be 36 inches or less.) Templates and tips for creating posters can be found here. If you need further assistance, we offer classes on creating posters in PowerPoint and/or you can contact a librarian at email@example.com or 217-545-2113.
- Send posters to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, department, and preferred poster size OR bring a copy to the library on a flash drive. The preferred file format is PowerPoint. If other software is used, please submit as a PDF.
- Posters are printed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Allow 24 hour turnaround time
Training and Support
Training sessions are offered monthly, September through May. One-on-one sessions can be arranged at other times.
- EndNote X7 and EndNote Online
- Adobe Photoshop: Preparing Images for Posters and Manuscripts
- How to Make a Poster in PowerPoint
Contact Reference staff for support or assistance
Searching the Web for work and class-related information is okay; using the computers for personal entertainment is not okay.
Cell Phone Use
- Set to silent or vibrate
- Use only at the staircase entrance to the Library
- Please be considerate of other Library Users
Loan Periods for Library Materials
- Books: 4 weeks
- Media: 4 weeks
- Journals: Library use only
- Reference Books: Library use only
- Reserve Materials: 7 days
Work or class related materials that are not part of the Library's collections may be obtained from other libraries.
- Request forms are available both online and in the Library
- Please allow 2 weeks to receive an item. Response time depends upon the loaning library.
LCD projectors, laptops, and accessories are located at the Medical Library Circulation Desk.
- LCD projectors and laptop computers can be reserved for a specific date and time.
- If needed, a laptop may also be checked out with a projector.
- Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.
- Last Updated: Sep 22, 2022 10:39 AM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/gradstudents
- Print Page