About EndNote and EndNote Online
EndNote is a software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies. Using this product, writers save countless hours of typing and interpreting style requirements when creating bibliographies for curricula vitae, manuscripts, thesis/dissertations, grant proposals, term papers and other publications.
With either EndNote software or EndNote Online you can do the following:
- Collect references from electronic and traditional sources.
- Organize your references for your research topics and papers.
- Create a formatted bibliography for your paper or cite references while you write.
EndNote Desktop Software
The School of Medicine has a site license for EndNote software, and EndNote desktop is available to SIU Medicine students, residents, faculty, and staff. These licenses expire upon departure from SIU.
Request the software from email@example.com. In your request, specify whether it is to be installed on an SIU or personal computer, and whether you need the Windows or Mac version of the software.
EndNote Online, a web-based version of Endnote, is available to SIU School of Medicine users through the Library's subscription to Web of Science. EndNote Online is also available to individuals who have purchased a copy of the EndNote software program.
For your convenience, each module includes a Table of Contents (ToC) and Closed Captions. If the ToC disrupts the viewing experience, turn it off by clicking the bulleted list icon in the lower right of the play bar.
- Part I: Getting Started With EndNote
- Part II: Importing References
- Part III: Organization & Resource Management
- Part IV: EndNote Online - Syncing & Sharing Libraries
- Part V: Creating Citations & Bibliographies
Find Full Text URL Path & Authentication
To maximize the efficiency of EndNote's "Find Full Text" feature, you can link EndNote to SIU Proxy Server.
Edit/EndNote Menu --> Preferences --> Find Full Text
Open URL Path: http://sfx.carli.illinois.edu/sfxsim
Authenticate With: https://siumed.idm.oclc.org/login?url=
- Last Updated: Nov 13, 2020 12:20 PM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/endnote
- Print Page