Skip to main content
Medical Library/Information & Communication Sciences
What is the CAVE?
- Room 4142 in the Library is the CAVE.
- The high-end video editing and recording equipment and software in this room can be used to Create Audio and Video for Educational programs, presentations and tutorials.
- The workstations are designed to assist SIUSM faculty, students, residents and staff with the development of audio and video material for teaching and learning by providing equipment and software not readily available throughout the School of Medicine.
- Limited support is available by appointment. People with knowledge of this type of software and hardware are welcome to use the CAVE to develop their educational programs.
The CAVE is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
To reserve a time slot, contact reference staff: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-545-2113
What to bring to use the CAVE
- Media to save your publication.
- Audio, video and text to create the publication.
- The Library is not responsible for the storage of digital files.
What can be done in the CAVE
Some examples include:
- Multimedia presentations including audio and video clips
- PowerPoint presentations with enhanced features