Create Audio & Video for Education (CAVE)
What is the CAVE?
CAVE stands for Create Audio and Video for Education. The CAVE Studio is located in the Library, room 4142.
This room is designed to assist SIUSOM faculty, students, residents and staff with the development of audiovisual material for teaching and learning. The CAVE provides equipment and software not readily available throughout the School of Medicine.
Projects that can be completed in the CAVE include:
- Tutorials or modules
- Video Lectures
- Multimedia presentations including audio and video clips
- PowerPoint presentations with enhanced features
- Digital flipbooks and newsletters
Tips for a Successful Visit
- Be detailed about your project needs when making your booking and let us know if you will need librarian assistance.
- Bring a flash drive or other media to save your work.
- Have the audio, video, or text files you need to edit readily accessible from your flash drive or the cloud.
- Review the available software in the CAVE to see which program might suit your needs.
- Give yourself enough time to complete your project or book multiple sessions, if necessary.
- Watch or review basic tutorials for the software you intend to use.
- Be respectful of the space and keep it clean for the next user.
- Last Updated: Sep 21, 2022 10:15 AM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/cave
- Print Page