Public Health Information
A collection of resources providing authoritative, reliable health information.
What is Complementary and Alternative Medicine?
“Complementary” generally refers to using a non-mainstream approach together with conventional medicine.
“Alternative” refers to using a non-mainstream approach in place of conventional medicine.
National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health
- American Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Chiropractic Association
- Academy of Integrated Health & Medicine (AIHM)
- American Holistic Health Association (AHHA)
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- American Society of Alternative Therapists
- National Center for Homeopathy
- Last Updated: May 17, 2021 9:37 AM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/consumerhealth
- Print Page