Web Accessibility: Evaluation Tools
Resources for Web Accessibility compliance
HTML and CSS Validation
Valid page structure and cascading style sheets are vital components of accessible web pages.
- W3C CSS Validation ServiceCheck Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and (X)HTML documents with style sheets.
- W3C Markup Validation ServiceThis validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, SHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc.
- Color Contrast CheckerCheck for sufficient contrast between text and background colors.
- Cynthia SaysA web content accessibility validator designed to identify errors in your content related to Section 508 standards and/or the WCAG guidelines. This free tool is intended for educational purposes and only validates one page at a time.
- Dr. WatsonDr. Watson is a free service to analyze your web page on the Internet. Enter to URL of a page and get a report on HTML validity as well as many other aspects of your site, including link validity, download speed, search engine compatibility, and link popularity.
- IDI Web Accessibility CheckerThis tool checks single HTML pages for conformance with accessibility standards to ensure the content can be accessed by everyone.
- WAVEA free web accessibility evaluation tool provided by WebAIM. WAVE shows the original web page with embedded icons and indicators that reveal the accessibility of that page.