Borrowing and Renewing
Why do I need a VuFind Account?
Your VuFind account is a separate account from your library account.
VuFind allows you to:
- connect to the library catalog system
- check the status of the materials that you have requested or have already borrowed
- request items from I-Share libraries
- renew items that are already checked out to you from I-Share libraries
VuFind must have the same information you would use if you were to log in to the library system directly:
- the name of the I-Share library with which you are affiliated
- your borrower ID
- your last name as it appears in the official library record for you
Creating an account
From the Library Catalog search page, click on Login found on the right hand side
From the Login screen, click on Create a New Account
- Fill in the Basic Information.
- Your Borrower ID is the barcode on the back of your badge including the SM (sm######)
- Your Affiliated Library is Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (Spfld)
- Click the Submit button
- Last Updated: Jun 8, 2017 10:17 AM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/borrowing
- Print Page