Borrowing and Renewing
How to set up a VuFind online catalog account. Guide to borrowing materials from the Medical Library and other iShare libraries.
Borrowing from the Medical Library
- SIUSM faculty, staff, students, and residents may borrow library materials by presenting their current identification or appointment cards at the Circulation Desk.
- Users will be registered in the Medical Library circulation system which will then give them borrowing and renewing privileges from the Medical Library Catalog.
- Online borrowing is not available from the Medical Library catalog but renewing of materials is allowed.
|Type of Material||Loan Period|
|Media (DVDs, videocassettes, audiocassettes, slides)||4 weeks|
|Journals||Library use only|
|Reference Books||Library use only|
|Reserve Books/Media||2 hours to 3 days|
|Laptop computers, LCD projectors||Determined at time of request|
- Renewals are permitted, if no other user has requested the material.
- A recall may be placed on circulating materials at a user's request. Materials may be recalled to the Library at any time, usually after the first four-week loan period.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to renew materials.
Materials may be borrowed from:
- SIU Medical Library
- I-Share libraries libraries throughout the state of Illinois
- Interlibrary Library Loan (ILL) libraries throughout the United States
- Last Updated: Nov 12, 2020 3:26 PM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/borrowing
- Print Page