Posters and Presentations
To design your poster using PowerPoint:
- Choose Design on the ribbon
- Go to Page Setup
- Under Slides sized for click on the black arrow
- Choose Custom
- The height of the paper is always 36 inches
- Plan the flow for the information. Usually it is in columns from left to right, but a horizontal arrangement might work for some information.
- Dark text on light backgrounds is easiest to read on paper and uses less ink than an overall dark background. However, including some information boxes with light text on a dark background is OK.
- The width of the poster can vary up to 56 inches.
How to make posters longer than 56 inches
- Make the poster half the size that you want, then enlarge 200% when printing.
- For example, to make 36 x 60 poster, enter the dimensions 18 x 30. We will scale by 200% on the print setup.
- Font sizes of 16 point for text and 24 point for headings are readable when increased to 200%.
For more help see the handout for our class on making posters in PowerPoint:
PowerPoint 2013 Poster Templates
To check or change poster size in PowerPoint, check the Page Setup in the Design ribbon.
These posters were designed in PowerPoint 2013.
18x30 setup size, scale 200% when printing.
18x36 setup size, scale 200% when printing.
A0 (Portrait) Templates
Template for A0 sized poster (84.1 cm X 118.9 cm) commonly used for European conferences. If printing using the library's 36-inch poster paper, the poster will need to be trimmed (or scaled up if the conference allows for larger posters).
Tutorials for creating research posters
ACP Poster Presentation Guidelines
Web Sites for Poster Tips
- Last Updated: May 21, 2019 5:15 PM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/presentations
- Print Page