Licensed Apps for SIUSM users
Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology
Apple and Android.
Users must register to create a personal account using their siumed.edu email address and then activate remote access.
- Go to Clinical Pharmacology
- Follow the instructions included below.
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Android
DynaMed, a clinical reference tool, provides evidence-based information for physicians and other health care providers.
- You must authenticate from on campus and then open the authentication email on your mobile device to activate it.
- Go to DynaMed Plus, then click mobile at the top of the top of the page.
- Enter your email address to send yourself the instructions, key and a link to download the app.
- After installing the app and downloading the DynaMed content, the app can be used offline without a wireless signal. A wireless signal is required to perform updates to the DynaMed content when updates become available.
For information on installing and authenticating DynaMed visit: http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=3923
EbscoHost Mobile App
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
The EbscoHost Research Databases include MEDLINE Complete and Academic Search Complete. Both databases include the full text of some of the articles.
See http://support.epnet.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=5718 for technical requirements and installation instruction
First Consult App
iPod, iTouch, iPad
Download at the Apple App store.
Available to SIUSM users through ClinicalKey. The app allows First Consult’s content to be stored on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. A data connection is required for the initial content download and content updates, but is not required to use the app itself.
Requires creation of a personal ClinicalKey account to begin using the app.
JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments)
JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is a peer reviewed scientific video journal.
- To download JoVE Mobile, search for 'JoVE' in the Apple app store or on Google Play.
- To use the app you must first create an account using your siumed.edu email address.
- To create an account, go to www.jove.com. See the upper right corner of the screen to create an account and to sign in.
- An account allows you to use your institution's subscription even when off campus, and you can post questions for article authors.
Selected Free Health-Related Apps
- Last Updated: Aug 6, 2018 3:22 PM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/mobile
- Print Page