SIU Medical Library
801 N. Rutledge St.
P.O. Box 19625
Library General Number: 217-545-2648
Circulation Desk: 217-545-2122, email@example.com
InterLibrary Loan: 217-545-2124, Int.Lib.Loan@siumed.edu
Reference: 217-545-2113, firstname.lastname@example.org
Training: 217-545-2113, email@example.com
Training and Support
Training sessions are offered monthly, September through May.
One-on-one sessions can be arranged at other times.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- EndNote Bibliographic Management
- Adobe Photoshop
- Web of Knowledge
- Finding Full Text
Contact Reference staff for support or assistance
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Assistance retrieving information from electronic and print resources.
- One-on-one training available for database searching and other literature retrieval methods.
- Software support for word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, web page development, bibliographic managements and literature searching.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; other times by prior arrangement.
- Large format printer
- Print posters for presentations, meetings and other school-related programs
- Departments pay for this service
- Posters are printed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Allow 24 hour turnaround time
Loan Periods for Library Materials
- Books: 4 weeks
- Media: 4 weeks
- Journals: Library use only
- Reference Books: Library use only
- Reserve Materials: 2 hours to 4 days
Work or class related materials that are not part of the Library's collections may be obtained from other libraries.
- Request forms are available both online and in the Library
- Please allow 2 weeks to receive an item. Response time depends upon the loaning library.
LCD projectors, laptops, and accessories are located at the Medical Library Circulation Desk.
- LCD projectors and laptop computers can be reserved for a specific date and time.
- If needed, a laptop may also be checked out with a projector.
- Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.
See the Information Resources Loanable Technology page (SIU network access only) for items available from Information Resources, such as wireless network cards (for use with laptops), USB flash drives, digital cameras, and video cameras.
Computer use is guided by the Responsible Use Policy.
Searching the Web for work and class-related information is okay; using the computers for personal entertainment is not okay.
Printing from Computers
Printing from computers in the Library is handled via a pay for print system that works together with the existing photocopy card system.
Black and White Photocopiers:
- $.04/page with copy card
- $.10/page with coins
- $.25/page with copy card or coins
- Purchase personal copy cards through a Venda Card machine: $1.00 for the card, add value to card for printing.
- Departmental copy cards are available for some departments. Approval for use is required.
Cell Phone Use
- Set to silent or vibrate
- Use only at the staircase entrance to the Library
- Please be considerate of other Library Users