Skip to main content
Medical Library/Information & Communication Sciences
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Assistance retrieving information from electronic and print resources.
- One-on-one training available for database searching and other literature retrieval methods.
- Software support for word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, web page development, bibliographic management and literature searching.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; other times by prior arrangement.
- Large format printer
- Print posters for presentations, meetings and other school-related programs
- Departments pay a yearly fee for this service
- Posters are printed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Allow 24 hour turnaround time
Training and Support
Training sessions are offered monthly, September through May. One-on-one sessions can be arranged at other times.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- EndNote X7 and EndNote Online
- Adobe Photoshop: Preparing Images for Posters and Manuscripts
- Web of Science
- Finding Full Text
Contact Reference staff for support or assistance
Computer use is guided by the Responsible Use Policy.
Searching the Web for work and class-related information is okay; using the computers for personal entertainment is not okay.
Printing from Computers
Printing from computers in the Library is handled via a pay for print system that works together with the existing photocopy card system.
Black and White Photocopiers:
- $.04/page with copy card
- $.10/page with coins
- $.25/page with copy card or coins
- Purchase personal copy cards through a Venda Card machine: $1.00 for the card, add value to card for printing.
- Departmental copy cards are available for some departments. Approval for use is required.
Cell Phone Use
- Set to silent or vibrate
- Use only at the staircase entrance to the Library
- Please be considerate of other Library Users
Loan Periods for Library Materials
- Books: 4 weeks
- Media: 4 weeks
- Journals: Library use only
- Reference Books: Library use only
- Reserve Materials: 2 hours to 4 days
Work or class related materials that are not part of the Library's collections may be obtained from other libraries.
- Request forms are available both online and in the Library
- Please allow 2 weeks to receive an item. Response time depends upon the loaning library.
LCD projectors, laptops, and accessories are located at the Medical Library Circulation Desk.
- LCD projectors and laptop computers can be reserved for a specific date and time.
- If needed, a laptop may also be checked out with a projector.
- Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.