Consumer Health Information
This guide is intended to be used for information purposes only.
MedlinePlus - a great starting point
A great starting point for reliable health information. Over 750 topics on conditions, diseases, and wellness. Information on drugs, herbs, and supplements. Surgery videos, informative slideshows, and more. By the National Library of Medicine.
Talking With Your Doctor
Tips for Your Doctor Visit
From the article "Talking with Your Doctor":
- Write down a list of questions and concerns before your exam.
- Consider bringing a close friend or family member with you.
- Speak your mind. Tell your doctor how you feel, including things that may seem unimportant or embarrassing.
- If you don’t understand something, ask questions until you do.
- Take notes about what the doctor says, or ask a friend or family member to take notes for you.
- Ask about the best way to contact the doctor (by phone, email, etc.).
- Remember that other members of your health care team, such as nurses and pharmacists, can be good sources of information.
Tips on Finding Quality Information
Health Information Sites
- Last Updated: Dec 15, 2017 2:53 PM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/consumerhealth
- Print Page