Library Exhibits and Brown Bag Series
January is Radon Action Month
JANUARY IS RADON ACTION MONTH
The Radon display is courtesy of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), the American Lung Association, SIU Medicine's Health and Community Medicine and The Population Science and Health Program.
The display will be in the Medical Library throughout the month of January. Included in the display are
- Examples of equipment used for radon detection and mitigation
- Information posters
- Student posters submitted to the Illinois Radon Poster Contest: Each year, the American Lung Association in Illinois in partnership with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency administers a radon poster contest for students in Illinois between the ages of 9 - 14.
- Student Videos submitted to the Illinois Radon Video Contest for High School Students.
- Free Home Radon Detection kits available at the Circulation Desk
- Brown Bag Presentation January 27, 12-1 in the Medical Library - Dirksen Conference Room.
Governor's Proclamation: January is Radon Action Month
Radon 101 - Brown Bag
February 27, 2016
Dirksen Conference Room, SIU SOM Medical Library.
- Last Updated: Sep 23, 2019 2:12 PM
- URL: https://libguides.siumed.edu/exhibits
- Print Page