Materials may be borrowed from:
- SIU Medical Library
- I-Share libraries
- libraries throughout the state of Illinois
- Interlibrary Library Loan (ILL)
- libraries throughout the United States
Searching for Material
From the Library's Home page use the Search the Catalog box or use the link to the Library Catalog under the Find menu.
Searches can be done as Keywords, Title, Author, Subject or ISBN/ISSN.
Materials owned by the Library must be borrowed onsite.
Renewals can be done through your VuFind account.
Borrowing from the Medical Library
- SIUSM faculty, staff, students, and residents may borrow library materials by presenting their current identification or appointment cards at the Circulation Desk.
- Users will be registered in the Medical Library circulation system which will then give them borrowing and renewing privileges from the Medical Library Catalog.
- Online borrowing is not available from the Medical Library catalog but renewing of materials is allowed.
- To renew books a personal VuFind account must be set up. See VuFind Account Creation.
|Type of Material||Loan Period|
Media (DVDs, videocassettes,
|Journals||Library use only|
|Reference Books||Library use only|
|Reserve Books/Media||4 hours to 3 days|
|Laptop computers, LCD projectors||Determined at time of request|
- Renewals are permitted, if no other user has requested the material.
- A recall/hold may be placed on circulating materials at a user's request. Materials may be recalled to the Library at any time, usually after the first four-week loan period.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to renew materials. This should be done through a personal VuFind account. See VuFind Account Creation.